Cancel the Sheriff's Contract
The end of law enforcement violence.
The start of care for our communities.
Here’s Our Action Plan:
FIRST: We come together to cancel the Antelope Valley Union High School District and city-wide contracts with the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department in Palmdale and Lancaster.
THEN: We create a new vision of public safety with the millions of dollars of taxpayer money no longer going to a violent police force. We reinvest our dollars into schools without police officers and full of trained counselors, 911 operators dispatching unarmed mental-health experts, and addressing the backlog for public housing repairs. And so much more!
NOW: We just need your support!
Here’s Our Demands:
- Cancel the Antelope Valley Union High School District contract with the LA County Sheriff Department.
- Call for the California DOJ to open a civil rights investigation in to the historical and ongoing state violence and white supremacist activities in the Antelope Valley.
- Arrest the Sheriff deputies that murdered Michael Thomas in Lancaster in June 2020.
- Demand the LA County Board of Supervisors comply with the Settlement Agreement and stop using County Counsel to thwart compliance.
- Cancel the Palmdale and Lancaster contracts with the LA County Sheriff Department.
Enter our survey to win a $100 gift card: how do you reimagine care in the AV?
The Cancel The Contract Coalition consisting of community partners in the Antelope Valley are looking to reimagine school safety and school based law enforcement in 2021.